International Law and Governance
The research group focuses both on international law in its many facets, and the internationalization of national law.
Flags of Member States in front of UN Headquarters. Photo: un.org
Presentation of the research area
The research group "International Law and Governance" focuses on diverse aspects of international law by viewing international law and politics in a context-specific, timely and up-to-date manner. The purpose is to gather and further develop competence in international law at the University of Oslo, Faculty of Law to understand and address contemporary issues (and challenges) in and to the international legal framework and international governance.
- Interview with Judge Helen Keller
- Interview with Professor Bruno Simma
- Interview with Judge Thomas Buergenthal
- Interview with Judge Christopher Greenwood
- Interview with Judge Diego García Sayán
- Interview with Judge Cançado Trindade
- International Tribunals
- Judicial Dialogues on the Rule of Law
- Should States Ratify Human Rights Conventions?
- Yearbook of International Environmental Law