Jukka Mähönen was successfully recruited to the University of Oslo, where he started working in September 2015. He is Professor from the University of Turku, and holds LL.M. (Turku and Berkeley Law), M.Sc. (Econ.) (Turku School of Economics), LL.Lic. (Turku) and LL.D. (Turku) degrees. His dissertation was on the relationship between financial accounting and corporate regulation. In Finland, he was appointed as the chair in Commercial Law at the Faculty of Law at the University of Turku in August 2002. Previously, he worked at the Faculty of Law as a junior lecturer and as a senior lecturer and as a senior officer at the Finnish Ministry of Justice. He teaches as a visiting professor of law and economics at the University of Helsinki and at the University of Eastern Finland.
Jukka's research interests focus on company and securities law, accounting and auditing law, as well as law and economics. He is currently involved in research projects concerning company law, sustainable development and European economic law. He was a founding member and has served as a board member in the Finnish Corporate Law Association and Finnish Lawyers’ Association. Jukka has also been a member of the EU Commission’s Advisory Group on Company Law and Corporate Governance. In addition, he has served in various committees of the Finnish Government in the fields of corporate law, property law, tax law and accounting and auditing law. Until 2015, he was also the chairman of the Audit Board of Finland.
More information in LinkedIn.
International and comparative company and securities law, accounting and auditing law, law and economics.
In Finland, Jukka was a project leader in the Academy of Finland financed project ECOHERENCE – Reconciling economic and non-economic values in a multi-polar society.
In Oslo he has been a member of the Research Council of Norway financed project Sustainable Companies Project and the EU framework program Horisont 2020 financed project Sustainable Market Actors for Responsible Trade (SMART) (2016-2020), both by professor Beate Sjåfjell.
- Villiers, Charlotte & Mähönen, Jukka: Accounting, auditing, and reporting: supporting or obstructing the sustainable companies objective? In: Sjåfjell, Beate and Richardson, Benjamin: Company Law and Sustainability: Legal Barriers and Opportunities. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, p 175–225.
- Villiers, Charlotte & Mähönen, Jukka: Article 11: Integrated Reporting or Non-Financial Reporting? In: Sjåfjell, Beate & Wiesbrock, Anja (eds): The Greening of European Business under EU Law - Taking Article 11 TFEU Seriously. Abingdon: Routledge, 118–143.
- Sjåfjell, B. & Mähönen, J.: Upgrading the Nordic Corporate Governance Model for Sustainable Companies. European Company Law 11(2):58–62.
- Mähönen, Jukka: Finland: corporate governance: Nordic tradition with American spices. In: Fleckner, Andreas & Hopt, Klaus (eds.): Comparative Corporate Governance: A Functional and International Analysis. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 393–443.
- Mähönen, Jukka: Do we need law and economics in company law? Nordisk tidskrift for selskabsret 1-2/2009.
- Mähönen, Jukka et.al.: What small size got to do with it? Protection of intellectual assets in SMEs. International Journal of Innovation Management 13, 3/2009.
- Mähönen, Jukka: Capital maintenance and distribution rules in modern European company law. In Paul Krüger Andersen and Karsten Engsig Sørensen (ed.): Company Law and Finance, Thomson, 2008.
- Mähönen, Jukka: Taloustiede lain tulkinnassa. [Economics in legal interpretation], Lakimies 102, 1/2004.
- Mähönen, Jukka: Tulo ja pääoma. Kirjanpidon merkitys osakeyhtiön sääntelyssä [Income and Capital: The Role of Accounting in Corporate Regulation], 2001.
- Mähönen, Jukka (2017). Hallinnointikoodi ja yritysvastuu - corporate governance -koodin yrityskuvan suhde pörssiyhtiöiden kestävään yritystoimintaan, I: Keskuskauppakamarin Liiketapalautakunta 80 vuotta. Alma Talent Oy. ISBN 978-952-14-3241-5. Artikel. s 203 - 218
- Mähönen, Jukka (2016). Osakkeenomistaja-aktivismi - siunaus vai kirous?, I: Ulla-Maija Mylly; Patrik Nyström; Tuija Viinikka (red.), Oikeuden ja talouden rajapinnassa: Juhlakirja Matti J. Sillanpää 60 vuotta. Edita Publishing Oy. ISBN 978-951-37-6870-6. Artikel. s 147 - 157
- Mähönen, Jukka (2016). The Pervasive Issue of Liability in Corporate Groups. European Company Law. ISSN 1572-4999. 13(5), s 146- 149
- Mähönen, Jukka (2015). Onko kauppaoikeudella mitään virkaa?. Lakimies. ISSN 0023-7353. 113(7-8), s 973- 986 Show summary
- Mähönen, Jukka (2017). Keskuskauppakamarin Liiketapalautakunta 80 vuotta. Alma Talent Oy. ISBN 978-952-14-3241-5. 617 s.
- Mähönen, Jukka & Villa, Seppo (2016). Aktiebolag I: Allmänna läror. Talentum Pro. ISBN 978-952-14-2292-8. 531 s.
- Mähönen, Jukka (2016). HR-2016-1439-A Oppløsning av aksjeselskap, innløsning av aksjer. Nytt i privatretten : nyhetsbrev for informasjon på det privatret. ISSN 1501-9594. (3)