Miloš Novović is a doctoral fellow at the University of Oslo, Faculty of Law. He is also a fellow of the Stanford-Vienna Transatlantic Technology Law Forum, and was a visiting scholar at the George Washington University Law School.
Miloš graduated from University of Montenegro Faculty of Law in 2010, having received several awards as the best student of law during the course of his studies. After graduating, he started working for the United Nations Development Programme, helping Montenegrin government manage development projects funded by the European Commission. Soon, he received a Fulbright scholarship, and went on to graduate with highest honors from the George Washington University School of Law's LL.M. programme in intellectual property law. Afterwards, he returned to Montenegro, where he started working as an expert associate for compliance affairs in one of the leading Montenegrin banks.
In 2013, Miloš started working as a doctoral research fellow at the Department of Private Law. His research topic is focused on licensing of user-generated content: it analyzes the copyright licensing clauses found in the user agreements of major online companies – like Google, Facebook, Twitter – in an attempt to determine in which ways these companies can use user content.
Miloš is lecturing in several courses, including International Commercial Law, International Commercial Arbitration, Intellectual Property in Information Society and Comparative Private Law.
Areas of interest
- Intellectual property law
- Contract law
- Privacy law
- Arbitration law
- International commercial law
- "International Encyclopaedia for Commercial and Economic Law – Montenegro national monograph", September 2014, with A. Spaic, IEL Commercial and Economic Law Kluwer Law International BV.
- "User-Generated Content: How Broad Terms Threaten The Web", August 2016, Oxford Internet Institute Volume on Responsibilities of Online Platform Providers, forthcoming;
- "Loose lips sink ships: mandatory confidential arbitration as a reputational risk management tool", October 2014, 31 Journal of International Arbitration, Issue 5, pp. 541–555;
- "Decriminalization of defamation – The Balkans case: a temporary remedy or a long term solution?”" May 2016, with A. Spaic et al, International Journal of Law, Crime and Justice, forthcoming;
- "Libel tourism in the light of the most recent EU cases", December 2014, with C. Nolasco et al, Media Dialogue, vol. 20, pp. 245-257;
- "FATCA: European banks in protection of American interests", September 2013, with A. Spaic, Pravo i privreda, vol. 50, no. 10-12, pp. 24-42.
- "Right to public trial in the Information Age: principles of open justice in the digital era", May 2012, The George Washington University.
- Spaic, Aneta; Nolasco, Claire & Novovic, Milos (2016). Decriminalization of defamation – The Balkans case: a temporary remedy or a long term solution?. International Journal of Law, Crime and Justice. ISSN 1756-0616. 47, s 21- 30 . doi: 10.1016/j.ijlcj.2016.05.002
- Novovic, Milos (2014). Loose Lips Sink Ships: Mandatory Confidential Arbitration of Employment Disputes as a Reputational Risk Management Tool. Journal of International Arbitration. ISSN 0255-8106. 31, s 541- 555
- Spaic, Aneta; Novovic, Milos & Nolasco, Claire (2014). Libel tourism in the light of the most recent EU cases. Media Dialogues. ISSN 1800-7074.
- Spaic, Aneta & Novovic, Milos (2014). International Encyclopaedia for Commercial and Economic Law – Montenegro national monograph. Kluwer Law International. ISBN 9789065449429. 210 s.
- Hasnaoui, Nadia; Skjoldli, Jane; Hov, Maren Ranhoff; Linde, Jørgen Erland; Novovic, Milos; Adam, Anne-Catrin; Snipstad, Sofie; Mitchell, Monica Gundersen & Aurand, Katherine Rose (2016, 01. oktober). Forsker Grand Prix 2016, nasjonal finale i Bergen. [TV].
- Novovic, Milos (2016). Digital Single Market Strategy developments: towards comprehensive copyright reforms?. Nytt i privatretten : nyhetsbrev for informasjon på det privatret. ISSN 1501-9594.
- Novovic, Milos (2016, 29. september). Forsker Grand Prix. [TV]. Norway/NRK.
- Novovic, Milos (2015). Case review: Art & Allposters International BV v Stichting Pictoright, C‑419/13. Nytt i privatretten : nyhetsbrev for informasjon på det privatret. ISSN 1501-9594.
- Novovic, Milos (2015). Case review: Pez Hejduk v EnergieAgentur.NRW GmbH, C-441/13. Nytt i privatretten : nyhetsbrev for informasjon på det privatret. ISSN 1501-9594.