Hammerslev’s research concerns the legal profession, transformations of states and EU, legal education, legal elites as well as sociology of law in general, including socio-legal theory and methodology. Moreover he has published on philosophy of law, reflexive sociological methodology and theory and law and art.
Hammerslev is professor in sociology of law at the Department of Law, University of Southern Denmark. In the period 2009-2013 he was Head of Studies for the legal degrees at University of Southern Denmark.
Ole Hammerslev holds a LLM from University of Copenhagen and a PhD from 2003 from Department of Sociology, University of Copenhagen.
- Chairman of The Danish Council for Independent Research | Social Sciences.
- Member of the Swedish Research Council’s Review Panel for Philosophy and Law
- Co-leader of the research group Lawyers in Society 2018, Working Group on Comparative Studies of Legal Professions
- Member of CRN Law & Society in Central and Eastern Europe, Balkans, Russia and Eurasia
- Member of the board of Hexis. Forum for Samfundsvidenskabelig Forskning
- Member of the editoral board of Praktiske Grunde. Nordisk tidsskrift for kultur- og samfundsvidenskab
- Hammerslev, Ole (2016). Retshjælpsforskning, I: Hans Viggo Godsk Pedersen (red.), Juridiske emner ved Syddansk Universitet 2015. Jurist- og Økonomforbundets Forlag. ISBN 9788757434040. 8. s 339 - 348
- Hammerslev, Ole (2015). Reforming the Bulgarian State of Knowledge: Legal Expertise as a Resource in Modelling States. Journal of European Integration. ISSN 0703-6337. 37(2), s 247- 262 . doi: 10.1080/07036337.2014.990138
- Hammerslev, Ole (2015). Vidnet: fra gudsbeviser til vidnefortællinger, I: Katarina Stenbeck (red.), Material Witness. Det Fynske Kunstakademi. ISBN 978-87-92666-16-1. 0. s 74 - 79
- Hammerslev, Ole & Rønning, Olaf Halvorsen (2017). Outsourcing legal aid in the Nordic welfare states.