China - Catalogue for the Guidance of Foreign Investment Industries, 1995
MOFTECcopy @ Lex Mercatoria
Rights: Copyright © 1995 MOFTEC
Fishing and Related Industries
1. The reclamation and development of wastelands, barren hills and shoals (except where there are military installations) and transformation of medium and low-yield farm lands and low-yield forests;
2. The development of new high-quality, high-yield strains of food grains, cotton, oil crops, sugar crops, vegetable, flowers and plants, and forage grass crops;
3. Serial non-soil cultivation and production of vegetables and flowers and plants;
4. Forest plantation and the introduction of improved varieties of forest trees;
5. Development of fine breeds of stud stock, birds, and aquatic products ( not including China's indigenous precious fine varieties);
6. Breeding of famous, special or fine aquatic products and deep-water fishing;
7. New lines of highly efficient and safe crude agricultural chemicals (which have a pest-killing and bacteria-killing rate of up to 80% and do not harm human beings, animals and crops);
8. High-concentration chemical fertilizers (urea, synthetic ammonia and phosphamidon);*
9. New production technology and new kinds of agricultural plastic film (fiber film, photolysis film and multi-function film and raw materials);
10. Veterinary antibiotics (special animal antibiotics, veterinary antibiotics against internal and external parasites, new forms of veterinary antibiotics), veterinary anthelmintics;
11. All-valence compound fodder, additives and the development of fodder protein resources;
12. New technology and equipment for the storage, preservation and processing of vegetables, fruits, meat products and aquatic products;
13. Forestry chemical products and new technology for the comprehensive utilization of inferior, small and fuel forests and new products there from?.
14. The construction and management of comprehensive water control projects (where the State commands the majority of shares and with more than 300,000 tonnes of daily water supply or with installed capacity of more than 250MW);
15. The manufacture of water-saving irrigation equipment;
16. Agricultural machinery, agricultural tools and related spare parts.
1. Mold design, processing and manufacture of non-metal products;
2. Commercial-grade paper pulp;
3. Post dressing and processing of leather;
4. Mercury-free manganese-alkaline batteries, lithium batteries and hydronickelate batteries;
5. High-tech special industrial sewing machines;
6. Polyimide wrap;
7. Enzyme products, synthetic detergent raw materials (straight-chain aldylbenzene);
8. Synthetic spices and single-ion spices;
9. Research and popularization of freon substitution technology.
1. Chemical fibers with such modified properties as being ultra-thin, electrostatic-resistant, fire-retarding and high emulation; special chemical fibers such as aryl, spandex and carbon fiber;
2. Textile dyeing and after-treatment;
3. Highly simulated chemical fiber and fabrics;
4. Oils used in textile industries;
5. Special industrial textile products.
1. Railway transport technology and equipment: design and manufacture of locomotives and their major parts; rail-line design and construction; technology and equipment manufacturing for fast railways; communication signals and transport safety monitoring equipment manufacturing; electrical-powered railway installation and equipment manufacturing;
2. Construction and management of local railways and associated bridges, tunnels and ferries (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
3. Road and port machinery and its design and manufacture technology;
4. Construction and management of urban subway and light-duty rail system (where the State should command the majority of shares);
5. Construction and management of roads, bridges, tunnels and ports ( the State shall command the majority of shares in public ports projects);
6. Construction and management of civil airports ( where the State shall command the majority of shares);
7. Manufacture of 900-MHz digital mobile communication equipment;
8. Synchronous opticfiber of more than five time-groups, microwave communication systems and measurement equipment manufacturing;
9. Manufacture of asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) exchange equipment.
V. Coal Industry
1. Design and manufacture of coal mining, excavation and transportation machinery;
2. Design and manufacture of complete sets of gasification equipment;
3. Manufacturing equipment and additives for high concentration liquid coal;
4. Comprehensive utilization and development of fuels with low calorific value and associated resources;
5. Comprehensive development and utilization of coal.
1. Construction and management of thermal power plants (including conventional thermal power plants and power plants that utilize antipollution coal-burning technology);
2. Construction and management of hydropower stations ( the State shall command the majority of shares in those stations with more than 250MW of installed capacity);
3. Construction and management of nuclear power stations (where the State shall command the majority of shares);
4. Construction and management of power stations utilizing new types of energy (including solar energy, wind energy, magnetic energy, geothermal energy and tidal energy).
1. Sponge iron ( using coal as reductant);
2. Powder metallurgy (iron powder);
3. Short-process steel and iron production lines of more than 200,000 tonnes; steel and iron production lines of more than 500,000 tonnes;
4. Cold-rolled silicon steel plates, galvanized plates, tinned plates and stainless steel plates;
5. Hot-and cold-rolled slit plates;
6. Bushed steel bearings, steel oil pipes, stainless steel pipes and high-pressure boiler pipes;
7. Tires and nave bosses of locomotives and vehicles;
8. Super-high power electrodes, spicule coke;
9. Aluminum alumine, hard clay pit and grog;
10. Iron ore mining and dressing;
11. Deep processing of tamping coke and coal tar;
12. Ultra-pure magnesium dust ( off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
13. High grade special refractory materials for continued casting, ladle and combined blow; special protective cinder.
1. Single- (more than 5 inches in diameter) and multi-crystal silicon;
2. Hard alloy, chemical tin compound, chemical stibium compounds;
3. Compound materials of non-ferrous metals, new alloy materials;
4. Exploitation of copper, lead and zinc mines (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
5. Exploitation of aluminum mines (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises) and aluminum oxide (more than 300,000 tonnes);
6. Rare-earth minerals application.
1. Ionic membrane caustic soda and new organic chlorine product series;
2. Manufacture of caustic soda ion membrane;
3. Ethylene (with an annual production of more than 300,000 tonnes), acrylics and the comprehensive utilization of C4-C9 products;
4. Engineering plastic products and plastic alloys;
5. Synthetic rubber ( liquid styrene-butadiene rubber, butyl rubber, isoprene rubber, acetyl propionyl rubber, butadiene flange duprene rubber, lactoprene rubber, acrylic rubber and alcoholate fluoride rubber);
6. Fine chemical industry: dyes, intermediates, catalysts, auxiliaries and new color products and new technology; commercial processing technology of dyes and colors; high tech chemical products for electronics and paper-making; food additives, fodder additives, leather chemical products, oil field auxiliaries, surfactant, water treatment agents, glues, non-organic fibres, non-organic dust fillings and equipment;
7. Chloride flange phthaleins vanish;
8. Chemical products that use coal as raw material;
9. Necessary raw materials for synthetic materials (bisphenol A, butadiene-styrene latex, pyridine, 4.4 diphenyl methane diisocyanic ester);
10. Basic chemical raw materials: comprehensive utilization of benzene, methylbenzene, para-xylol derivatives, ortho-xylol derivatives and meta-xylol derivatives;
11. Comprehensive recycling of waste gas, liquid and residue;
12. Construction and management of oil and gas pipes, oil depots and ports designated for oil transportation ( where the State shall command the majority of shares).
1. Manufacture of welding robots and highly-efficient welding production lines;
2. Heat-resistant insulating materials (with the F and H insulating grades) and finished insulating products;
3. Manufacture of continued milling machines for slit plates, large cold-and hot-rolling equipment and gasification furnaces for urban supply and antipollution industrial use;
4. Manufacture of trackless collection, loading and transport equipment for underground mines; motorized selfloading-and-unloading mining vehicles that can handle more than 100 tonnes of load; mobile crushers; double-in double-out coal grinders; bucket-wheel excavators with speed higher than 3000 cubic meters per hour; mining loaders of more than 5 cubic meters; whole-section tunneling machines;
5. Manufacture of container loading and unloading bridge and tubular conveyer;
6. Manufacture of complete sets of large air-separation equipment with the capacity of more than 30,000 cubic meters ( including 30,000 cubic meters);
7. Manufacture of multi-color offset printing machines;
8. Manufacture of onshore and offshore oil drilling and extraction equipment of more than 4,500 meters; antiblowout apparatus of more than 70-million-Pascal (including 70 million Pascal); fracturing equipment of more than 105 million Pascal ( including 105 million Pascal); well-building machines of more than 50 tonnes ( including 50 tonnes);
9. Manufacture of complete sets of turbine compressors, aminomethane pumps and mixer-guarantors used in synthetic ammonia projects with annual production of more than 300,000 tonnes (including 300,000 tonnes), in urea projects with annual production of more than 480,000 tonnes (including 480,000 tonnes); in ethylene projects with annual production of more than 300,000 tonnes (including 300,000 tonnes ) (the State shall command the majority of shares in the projects);
10. Manufacture of complete sets of electronics, new spinning machines and new paper-making (including paper pulp) machines;
11. Manufacture of large and precision measurement equipment;
12. Safety monitoring and checking equipment (for detection of vibration, noise, poisonous matters, dust concentration and prediotion* of gas outburst and shock bump);
13. Components and spare parts of new types of instruments and materials (mainly referring to intelligent instrument sensors, instrument socket connectors, flexible circuit boards, photoelectron switches, proximity switches and other new types of switches; instrument functional materials);
14. Manufacture of large, highly-efficient numerical controlled precision machine tools and their functional parts.
15. Hydraulic components, pneumatic components and sealing elements;
16. Fine punching molds, precision hollow molds and standardized molds;
17. Manufacture of urban sewage treatment equipment that can handle 250,000 tonnes of sewage per day; industrial liquid waste membrane treatment equipment; up-flowing anaerobic fluidized bed equipment and other organic liquid waste treatment equipment, coal ashes building blocks equipment (50,000-100,000 tonnes per year), waste plastics recycling equipment, industrial boiler desulphurization and identifications equipment, large heat-and acid-resistant bag-type collectors;
18. Manufacture of large road construction equipment;
19. Manufacture of large (200-430 mm in external diameter), precision and special hearings;
20. Manufacture of major automobile components and spare parts: brake assembly, driving assembly, gearbox, steering gear, diesel engine fuel pump, piston (including piston ring), air valve, hydraulic tappet, axle pad, booster, clarifying filter (triple filter), aluminum radiator, diaphragm clutch, constant-velocity universal joint, shock absorber, car air conditioning system, safety air bag, seat angle adjusting device, car lock, rear-view mirror, glass lift, combined dashboard, engines, lamps and bulbs, special high-strength fasteners, special bearings;
21. Manufacture of automobile molds (including punching molds, injection molds, pressed molds), clamping apparatus (including welding fixture and examination fixture);
22. Automobile casting and forging blanks;
23. Automobile technology research centers and automobile design and development institutions;
24. Highly-specialized vehicles such as those used in airports and in deserts in petroleum industry.
1. Production of large-scale integrated circuits;
2. New types of electronic components and spare parts (including sectional components) and power electronic components and spare parts;
3. Manufacture of photoelectric components and parts, sensitive components and parts, sensors;
4. Manufacture of medium and large computers;
5. Manufacture of top-end 32-bit plus ( not including 32-bit) micro-computers;
6. The manufacture of key components of fax machines (heat-sensitive printing heads, image sensors, etc.);
7. Digital cassette recorders and laser disc apparatus compatible with digital television and HDTV;
8. Semiconductor and photoelectric materials;
9. New types of display devices (color liquid crystal devices, flat panel display devices);
10. Computer aided design (CAD), computer aided tests (CAT), computer aided manufacture (CAM), computer aided engineering (CAE) systems and other computer application systems;
11. Manufacture of special electronic equipment, instruments, tools and molds;
12. Manufacture of hydrologic data collection instruments and equipment;
13. Manufacture of satellite communications telephone earth stations (TES) and personal earth stations (PES) and key components;
14. Manufacture of SDH optical communications systems, cross connection equipment and network management systems;
15. Development and production of (computer and communications ) software;
16. Manufacture of air traffic control system equipment;
17. Development and manufacture of large capacity laser disk and magnetic disk storage and related components;
18. Development and manufacture of new types of printing devices ( laser printers, etc.)
Other Non-Metallic Minerals Industries
1. Float glass production lines with daily melting output of 500 tonnes or more;
2. High-grade sanitary ceramics production lines with annual output of 500,000 pieces;
3. New types of building materials;
4. Special cement;
5. Cement additives;
6. Storage and transport facilities for bulk cement;
7. Manufacture of special urban sanitary equipment;
8. Manufacture of tunnel excavators, urban subway entry-driving machines;
9. Manufacture of tree transplanting machinery;
10. Manufacture of road milling and repairing machinery;
11. Glass fiber and glass fiber reinforced plastic products;
12. Inorganic, non-metal materials and products;
13. Non-metallic mineral deposits and deep processing.
1. Chemical raw materials that are within the patented period under the protection of China's administration; special medical intermediates that need to be imported;
2. Antiphlogistics and fever-allaying medicines: new varieties that have good curative effects and have not been produced domestically;
3. Vitamins: vitamin D3, dextropantothenic calcium, niacin;
4. New types of anti-cancer, cardio-and cerebral-vascular medicines;
5. Medicine agents: slow-releasing agents, release controlling agents, targeting agents, skin-penetrating and other new types of forms of medicines and related supplements;
6. Amino acids: serine, tryptophan proteinochromogen, histamine, etc.;
7. New types of medicine packaging materials, containers and advanced pharmaceutical equipment;
8. New types of highly efficient and economic contraceptive medicines and devices that have not been produced domestically;
9. New technologies and equipment that can improve the quality of patent traditional Chinese medicines and that can improve the packaging of the medicines;
10. New techniques of analyzing traditional Chinese medicine's active agents and extraction;
11. New types of medicine manufactured by biological engineering technology.
1. X-ray machines of more than 800 milliamperes;
2. Digital subtraction angiography apparatus;
3. Biochemical analysis instrument;
4. Electronic endoscopes;
5. Medical monitoring instrument;
6. Multi-function anesthesia apparatus;
7. Medical tubes.
1. Civilian aircraft manufacturing;
2. Aircraft engines;
3. Airborne equipment;
4. Light combustion turbines;
5. Civilian satellite manufacturing;
6. Manufacture of satellite pay loads;
7. Satellite application (the State shall command the majority of shares).
1. Manufacture and repairing of special ships, high performance ships and ships larger than 35,000 tonnes;
2. Manufacture of necessary ship accessories.
1. Micro-electronic technology;
2. New materials;
3. Bioengineering technology;
4. Information and communications networking technology;
5. Isotope radiation and laser technology;
6. Ocean development and oceanic energy development;
7. energy-saving technology development;
8. Resources regeneration and comprehensive utilization technology;
9. Engineering and technology for the control of environmental pollution..
1. International economic and scientific and technological information consultation services;
2. Repairing and after-sale services of precision instrument and equipment.
1. Assembling of movements of mechanical and electronic watches and finished watches; bicycles and sewing machines for household use;
2. Home appliances: washing machines, refrigerators, freezers;
3. Disposable aluminum cans.
Long polyester fiber with annual production under 5,000 tonnes.
Local method coke making.
1. Silicon iron, ordinary carbon electrodes;
2. Electric furnace steel processing projects under 30 tonnes; revolving furnace steel processing projects under 30 tonnes; blast furnace smaller than 300 cubic meters and their related sintering and coal carbonization;
3. Welded steel pipe of 100 millimeters or thinner, rolling mills, ordinary steel primary rolling mills and rough mills for steel pipes thinner than 76 millimeters.
Aluminum materials and aluminum doors and window frames.
1. Barium salts, naphthalene flange benzene anhydride;
2. Oil refineries smaller than 2.5 million tonnes;
3. The renovation of cross-ply, old tires (except meridian tires) and low performance industrial rubber replacements;
4. Iodine extraction from kelps.
1. Ordinary long polyester fiber and short fiber equipment;
2. Manufacture of ordinary passenger and cargo ships, ship diesel engines and diesel electricity generating sets;
3. Processing of carbon silion* raw materials;
4. Power station, electricity-powered grinders;
5. Ordinary carbon steel welding rods;
6. Ordinary grade standard fasteners, small and medium-small ordinary bearings;
7. Ordinary lead acid batteries;
1. Radio cassette recorders, radios;
2. Black-white television sets and black-white kinescopes;
3. Computers below 16-bits (including 16-bits)
4. Wireless telephone systems under 450 MHz;
5. Broadcast and television transmitting systems.
1. Cement production lines with annual output of less than 300,000 tonnes;
2. Ordinary building plate glass production lines with daily melting output lower than 200 tonnes.
1. Antibiotics: chloromycetin, lincomycin, gentamicin and dihydrostreptomycin;
2. Synthetic chemical medicines: anlagin, vitamin B1, vitamin B6;
3. Traditional Chinese medicine decoction (except traditional preparation techniques);
4. Traditional Chinese medicine products and semi-finished products.
1. Non-self-destructible disposable syringes;
2. Medium and low-grade B ultrasonic imaging devices;
1. Taxi (cars can only be purchased domestically);
2. Gas stations ( restricted to the construction and management of related projects).
Fishing and Related Industries
1. Processing and export of rare trees and timbers (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
2. Aquatic fishing in offshore and inland waters (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises).
1. Table salt, industrial salt;
2. Foreign brand non-alcoholic beverages (including solid drinks);
3. Famous brand white spirit;
4. Cigarette diacetin cellulose and tows;
5. Tobacco processing industries such as those in the manufacture of cigarettes and filters;
6. Processing and production of pig, ox and goat hides;
7. Natural spices.
1. Wool and cotton spinning;
2. raw silk and blank silks;
3. Chemical fibers and their raw materials ( polyester, acrylnitrile, caprolactam, nylon 66 salts, etc.).
1. Extraction of coking coals (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises).
1. Copper processing;
2. Extraction, dressing, smelting and processing of precious metal ores (gold, silver, platinum);
3. Extraction of non-ferrous metal ores such as wolfram, tin and stibium;
4. Rare earth extraction and smelting.
1. Color and black and white film;
2. Extraction and processing of ludwigite;
3. Strontiam salts;
1. Whole cars (the State shall command the majority of shares);
2. Whole motorcycles (the State shall command the majority of shares);
3. Whole light vehicles ( light passenger vehicles, vans) (the State shall command the majority of shares);
4. Automobile and motorcycle engines (the State shall command the majority of shares);
5. Automobile air-conditioning compressors, electronically controlled fuel injection system;
6. Renovation, dismantling and reassembling of old cars and motorcycles;
7. Compressors for air conditioners and refrigerators (excluding those used in automobile air conditioners) with power of 2 kilowatts or less;
8. Decentralized control systems ( including programmable controllers);
9. Desktop electrostatic copiers;
10. Thermal power generation equipment: manufacture of generation set (generators, steam turbines, boilers, auxiliaries and control devices )of 100MW or above; combustion turbines combined circulating power generating equipment; circulating fluidized bed boilers; gasification combined circulatory technology and equipment (IGCC), pressurizing fluid bed (PFBC); desulphurization and denitrification equipment (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
11. Hydropower equipment: manufacture of hydropower sets (including hydropower auxiliary equipment and control devices) with runners of 5 meters in diameter and larger; large pumped storage generating sets of 50MW or larger; tubular turbine generating sets of 10MW or larger (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
12. Nuclear power generation sets: manufacture of generation sets of 600MW or larger ( off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
13. Power transmission and conversion equipment: transformers of 220,000 volts or above, high-voltage switches, mutual-inductors and the manufacture of cable equipment (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises).
1. Color television sets and tuners, remoter controllers, flyback transformers;
2. Color kinescopes and glass shells;
3. Camcorders (including camcorder-recorders), video recorders;
4. Video recorder magnetic heads, drums and movements;
5. Emulated mobile communications system (comb, trunk, pagers, wireless telephones);
6. Facsimile machines;
7. Satellite television receivers and key components;
8. Microwave relay communications equipment below 4 time group.
Exploration, extraction and processing of precious non-metal minerals such as diamonds and other natural gem stones (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises).
1. Traditional Chinese medicines administrated by the export licensing system;
2. Narcotic precursors: ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, ergobasine, ergotamine, lysergic acid;
3. Penicillin G, artemisinin anti-malaria drugs;
4. Addictive narcotics and psychotropic drugs;
5. Vitamin C;
6. Blood products.
1. Construction and management of arterial railways (the State shall command the majority of shares);
2. Overwater* transportation (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
3. Cross-border car transportation (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
4. Aerial transportation (the State shall command the majority of shares);
5. Interchangeable aviation (the State shall command the majority of shares in industrial aviation projects; agricultural and forestry aviation projects are off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
6. Manufacture of digital program-controlled exchanges.
1. Retail and wholesale business;
2. Goods supply and sales;
3. Foreign trade;
4. Construction and management of State-level tourist zones;
5. High grade hotels, villas and office buildings;
6. Golf courses;
7. Travel agencies;
8. Accounting, auditing and legal consultancy and broker services;
9. Representative services (shipping, freight, futures, sales and advertisements);
10. Education and translation services.
1. Banks, financial companies, trust investment companies;
2. Insurance companies, insurance brokerage and representative companies;
3. Securities companies, investment banks, merchant banks, fund-management companies;
4. Financial leasing;
5. Foreign currency dealing;
6. Financial, insurance and foreign currency consultancy;
7. Production, processing, wholesale and retail sale of gold and silver, jewelry and ornaments.
1. Printing and publishing and distribution services (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
2. Inspection and verification of import and export commodities (off limits to solely foreign-funded enterprises);
3. Manufacture, publication and distribution of audio and video products.
1. Wild animal and plant resources protected by the State;
2. China's rare fine strains (including fine genes in crop planting, animal husbandry, and aquatic industries);
3. Construction of natural animal and plants conservation regions;
4. Processing of green tea and other special tea products (famous brand tea, black tea, etc.).
1. Ivory carving and processing of tiger bones;
2. Hand-made rugs;
3. Bodiless lacquerware;
4. Enamel and hawksbill turtle products;
5. Blue and white exquisite porcelain;
6. Xuan paper, ink sticks.
1. Construction and management of electric network;
2. Construction and management of urban water supply and drainage, gas and heat supply networks.
V. Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
1. Extraction and processing of szaibelyite;
2. Extraction of celestite.
1. Traditional Chinese medicines protected by the State (muck, licorice root, the bark of eucommia and magnolia);
2. Preparation techniques of patent traditional Chinese medicines and traditional medicines prepared by secret recipes.
1. Management and administration of postal and telecommunications services;
2. Air traffic control.
1. Broadcasting and television stations (including cable television networks and transmitting and relay stations at any level;
2. Production, publication and circulation of broadcast and television programs;
3. Shooting, circulation and screening of movies;
4. Video projection.
X. News Media
1. Projects endangering military facilities and their effectiveness;
2. Raw materials that can cause cancer, deformity and sudden mutation and their processing;
3. Racing rings, casinos;
4. Pornographic services.