The European Court of Human Rights: Promoter or Predator of Democratic Transitions?
The mandate of the European Court of Human Rights has always been since its creation the anchoring of “effective political democracy” on Western long standing democracies. This workshop aim primarily to define and analyze varieties of "democratic models" and "democratic transitions" on the basis of the jurisprudence of the Strasbourg Court.
- Antoine Buyse, Utrecht University Law of School
- Başak Çali, Koç University
- Claudio Corradetti, MultiRights/PluriCourts, University of Oslo
- Andreas Føllesdal, MultiRights/PluriCourts, University of Oslo
- Aleksandra Gliszczynska-Grabias, Poznań Human Rights Centre
- Dilek Kurban J.D, Hertie School of Governance
- Alice Panepinto, University of Warwick
- James Sweeney, Lancaster University
- Alain Zysset, European University Institute