- Sustainable Market Actors for Responsible Trade (SMART). This project was funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and brought together over 70 scholars from 25 research institutions around the world. SMART studied what prevents and promotes market actors’ contribution to sustainability, defined as securing the social foundation for humanity everywhere, now and in the future, within planetary boundaries. The project ran from 2016 till 2020. The project was coordinated by Professor Beate Sjåfjell.
- Realizing Corporate Sustainability in a Globalized World (RealSusty). The Project was funded by the UC Berkeley Peder Sather Center for Advanced Study and brought together scholars from the University of Oslo and UC Berkeley in an exploration of prerequisites for corporate sustainability. The Projects leaders was Professor Beate Sjåfjell, University of Oslo and Professor David Vogel, Bercley University. The project run from September 2018 to June 2019.
- The project on International Financial Market Regulation, Institutions and Efficiency. The project is funded by the Finance Market Fund (managed by the NRC) and its head is Professor Mads Andenæs.
- The project on Sustainable tax governance in developing countries through global tax transparency is also financed by the NRC, and its head is Professor Frederik Zimmer.
- The project on Fuzzy Mathematics for Evaluating Environmental Impacts in Wearing Apparel Companies. The Project has been a collaborative effort together with the Spanish Research Group SoGReS-MF with the head of the Project Professor María Jesús Muñoz Torres (Universitat Jaume I, Spain). The Project was supported by a grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Financial Mechanism, operated by Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Nils Science and Sustainability Programme).
- The Sustainable Companies Project has had as its aim to find out how to integrate the overarching goal of sustainable development and especially its environmental dimension in the decision-making in companies. The Project has received funding from the Research Council of Norway (NRC) under the programme Environment 2015. The Project started in 2010 and as financed by the NRC was concluded by the end of 2013; while there have been a number of follow-up events in 2014. The head of the Project is Professor Beate Sjåfjell.
- The Project Grunnlovens miljøparagraf 110b (nå 112): fra ord til handling? (the Norwegian Constitution’s Environmental Provision 110b (now 112): from words to action?) was funded by the NRC’s constitutional programme. This Project did run from 2014 to Autumn 2015. In Norwegian only and chaired by Professor Beate Sjåfjell.
Published Apr. 25, 2016 11:31 AM - Last modified June 22, 2020 12:04 PM