Relevant topics may include:
- Recognition of same-sex marriages
- Recognition of foreign divorces
- Regulation of surrogacy arrangements
- Regulation of choice of law agreements between spouses concerning matrimonial property regimes
- LGBTI rights
- Cross-border child protection issues
- Recognition of parenthood
- Regulation of underage marriages
Call for contributions
Practitioners and academics interested in contributing to the programme are invited to contact postdoctoral fellow Tone Wærstad by 1 September 2018. Doctoral students are especially welcome to present their projects and research. The conveners plan a publication in the aftermath of the seminar and a gathering for authors, spring 2019.
A purpose of the seminar is to bring together experts in the field from different arenas: academia, the administration, courts, law firms etc. in order to map out legal challenges and to uncover areas for further research and cooperation.
The seminar will be held in both English and Scandinavian languages depending on the preference of the presenters.
The seminar will start in the morning on 7 November and end on 8 November in the afternoon. The faculty will cover all meals and partiicpants are invited to a dinner on 7 November. There is a small budget for covering travel/hotel expenses for those who do not have own funding and doctoral students will be given priority.
The registration deadline is 15 September 2018.