Regulations and guidelines for PhD candidates and research fellows
Please refer to the Norwegian pages for a full list of relevant regulations and guidelines. Regulations and guidelines translated to English are listed here. Please note that many of these are translated for information purposes only and that for all legal purposes, the original documents in Norwegian are the authoritative versions.
- Act relating to universities and university colleges
- The Norwegian Association of Higher Educational Institutions: Recommended Guidelines for the Doctor of Philosophy Degree (PhD)
- Regulations concerning terms and conditions of employment for the posts of postdoktor (post-doctoral research fellow), stipendiat (research fellow), vitenskapelig assistent (research assistant) and spesialistkandidat (resident)
UiO's central regulations
The Faculty of Law's guidelines
Completion of degree
- Programme description for the PhD degree in Legal Science at the Faculty of Law
- Guidelines for overtime for research fellows, extension of employment, etc.
- Guidelines for a completion grant
- Guidelines for essays under Part A of the educational component
- Guidelines for the approval of doctoral degree courses
- Guidelines for the midway assessment
- Guidelines for progress reporting
- Duties in the supervisory relationship