- Phenomenology, narrative criminology, micro sociology, crowd theory and religious theory.
- Youth, alcohol, drugs, nightlife, tourism, prostitution, violence, humor, storytelling, extremism and street culture.
Sébastien Tutenges has a Masters degree in anthropology and a PhD in sociology from Copenhagen University. Before joining the IKRS, he worked as Associate Professor at Aarhus University, and he has served as Guest Professor at the University of Tampere.
He has conducted ethnographic fieldwork among young people in Ringsted and Copenhagen (Denmark); Toulouse (France); Sunny Beach and Golden Sands (Bulgaria); and Ibiza (Spain). He has also conducted observations and interviews among female inmates in Vestre Prison and Horserød State Prison (Denmark).
Sébastien has previously undertaken three major research projects: one on nightlife tourism (in Bulgaria and Spain); one on festivals (in Denmark); and one on the safety conditions in pubs, bars and nightclubs (in Denmark). He is currently conducting research on street culture and religious extremism in Norway. This research is part of the larger project "Jihadi subculture and street culture".
- Buvik, Kristin & Tutenges, Sébastien (2018). Bartenders as street-level bureaucrats: theorizing server practices in the nighttime economy. Addiction Research and Theory. ISSN 1606-6359. 26(3), s 230- 237 . doi: 10.1080/16066359.2017.1350654 Full text in Research Archive.
- Sandberg, Sveinung & Tutenges, Sébastien (2018). Laughter in Stories of Crime and Tragedy: The Importance of Humor for Marginalized Groups. Social problems. ISSN 0037-7791.
- Fjær, Eivind Grip & Tutenges, Sébastien (2017). Departies: conceptualizing extended youth parties. Journal of Youth Studies. ISSN 1367-6261. 20(2), s 200- 215 . doi: 10.1080/13676261.2016.1206865
- Pedersen, Willy; Tutenges, Sébastien & Sandberg, Sveinung (2017). The pleasures of drunken one-night stands: Assemblage theory and narrative environments. International journal of drug policy. ISSN 0955-3959. 49, s 160- 167 . doi: 10.1016/j.drugpo.2017.08.005 Full text in Research Archive.
- Sandberg, Sveinung; Andersen, Jan Christoffer; Gasser, Tiffany Linn Utvær; Linge, Marius; Mohamed, Idil Abdi Abdulle; Shokr, Samah & Tutenges, Sébastien (2018). Unge muslimske stemmer: Om tro og ekstremisme. Universitetsforlaget. ISBN 9788215031262. 280 s. Show summary
- Tutenges, Sébastien (2018). Gatekultur og jihadisme.
- Tutenges, Sébastien (2018). Modstand mod jihadisme.
- Tutenges, Sébastien (2018). Oppostion from the street.
- Tutenges, Sébastien (2018). Street crime and jihadism.
- Tutenges, Sébastien (2017). Emotional barriers to jihadism.