Rosa Manzo is a researcher with particular expertise in general international law and international environmental law. She is currently working as a Ph.D Candidate in Climate Change Law at PluriCourts’ Environmental Pillar.
Prior to joining PluriCourts in March 2015, Rosa held a MA Degree in Law at Cattolica University of Milano (Italy, 2012). She spent one semester in the Netherlands at the Radbound University of Nijmegen (2011). Rosa successfully defended her master dissertation on the topic of unjustified enrichment and tort law according to Italian and Dutch Law. She received the Realmonte Prize for the best thesis in civil law (2013). She worked as trainee in two law firms in Italy. In 2014 she received her MA Degree in Public International Law with option in International and Environmental Energy Law at University of Oslo. During her studies Rosa was President of the European Law Students’ Association (ELSA) in Milan. She worked as a research assistant for the International Development Law Organization (IDLO, Aichi Project, 2014) and as a research assistant for the environmental pillar in PluriCourts (Jan-Feb, 2015). She has been awarded from the Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (SYLFF) to finance her stay as a visiting scholar at the New Zealand Center for Environmental Law. She has been Fulbright scholar at the Sabin Center for Climate Change Law, Columbia University (New York).
She is writing under the supervision of the Professor Christina Voigt.
A Dynamic Interpretation of the principle of Equity in the Context of the Next Climate Change Regime – Equity as a force of gravity
Rosa’s main research interest as part of PluriCourts is tied to a hypothesis on treaty interpretation using the principle of equity. Presently, this research is centred on the following question: how could the principle of equity (Art.3 UNFCCC) help design the post 2020 Climate Change Regime?
Rosa’s other areas of research interest are energy law and energy market. She is particularly interested in investigating the role of international law in transitioning toward a low-carbon economy.
- Manzo, Rosa (2017). First Postgraduate Colloqium Frontiers of International Environmental Law.
- Manzo, Rosa (2017). International Law applied to the environment.
- Manzo, Rosa (2017). Klimaendring blir et hetere og hetere tema. A-magasinet : uketillegg til Aftenposten. ISSN 0807-5654.
- Manzo, Rosa (2017). No Frontier for International Environmental Law. KLIMA - Et magasin om klimaforskning fra CICERO.
- Manzo, Rosa (2015). A Dynamic Interpretation of the Principle of Equity in the Context of the Next Climate Change Agreement: Equity as a Force of Gravity - Poster Presentation.
- Manzo, Rosa (2015). "A dynamic interpretaton of the principle of Equity in the context of the next climate chnage agreement: Equity as a force of gravity".
- Manzo, Rosa (ed.) (2015). A new and dynamic interpretation of equity in the post-2015 climate agreement. UNESCO Conference Our Common Future Under Climate Change. Media Contribution.
- Manzo, Rosa (2015). To be (legally binding) or not to be: is that the question?.