Webinar on "Mediation in Arbitration"
We are delighted to announce this webinar.
Commencement of arbitration proceedings does not necessarily mean that the dispute should eventually be resolved by an arbitration award. There is an ongoing discussion on how to combine arbitration with alternative methods for dispute resolution, of which a key question is
whether the arbitration process should facilitate mediation. Key questions include:
- The role of the Arbitral Tribunal: Should the Tribunal have any role regarding mediation beyond providing the required flexibility into the arbitration schedule?
- Timing: In which phase(s) should the arbitration process facilitate mediation?
- What is the experience by leading Arbitral Institutions like SCC?
To address these questions, we are delighted to present the following panellists:
- Kristin Campbell-Wilson, Acting Secretary General, SCC
- Ola Nisja, partner Wikborg Rein
- Nicholas Peacock, partner in Bird & Bird
- Kristoffer Löf, partner Mannheimer Swartling
The webinar will be moderated by professor dr. juris Amund Bjøranger Tørum, Scandinavian Institute for Maritime Law.