From Bright Idea to Cited Publication: Opening the Black Box
PluriCourts is organizing a Publish & Flourish mentor event on how to get published.
Photo credit: Colourbox.com
The aim of the workshop is to get a better understanding of the stages toward publication, and strategies for publishing better and more scholarship in venues that reach intended audiences – and which matter for the job market. Presenters come from the fields of law, political science and philosophy. We invite participants from PluriCourts, the Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas (IFIKK), the Department of Political Science, the Faculty of Law, and the Norwegian Centre for Human Rights.
The panels will consider important stages in the sequence toward publication and citation. Topics include how to select journals, survive peer review, negotiate with editors, and ensure that your publications are read and cited. The panelists have extensive experience as authors, reviewers and editors, and include:
- Cecilia Bailliet, Law, book review editor at the Nordic Journal of International Law
- Carl Henrik Knutsen, Political Science, editor of Scandinavian Political Studies
- Mikael Madsen, Law, editorial board of Humanity
- Reidar Maliks, Philosophy, editorial board of Con-Textos Kantianos
- Daniel Naurin, Political Science, editorial board of the Journal of European Public Policy
- Camilla Serck-Hanssen, Philosophy, co-editor of Archiv für Geschichte der Philosophie
- Jonas Tallberg, Political Science, editorial boards of Political Studies and West European Politics
- Geir Ulfstein, Law, advisory boards of Climate Law and the Nordic Journal of International Law