The special issue is the result of a Conference on the Validity of International Criminal Tribunals, held in Oslo in 2016.
- The Future of the International Criminal Court. On Critique, Legalism and Strengthening the ICC’s Legitimacy, Marieke de Hoon
- Africa and the Legitimacy of the ICC in Question, Mandiaye Niang
- Searching for Deterrence at the International Criminal Court, Geoff Dancy
- Strengthening the Effectiveness of International Criminal Law through the Principle of Legality, Joanna Nicholson
- Strengthening the Evaluation of Evidence in International Criminal Trials, Yvonne McDermott
- The Significance of Institutional Culture in Enhancing the Validity of International Criminal Tribunals, Hemi Mistry
- The Management of Third-party Amicus Participation before International Criminal Tribunals: Juggling Efficiency and Legitimacy, Avidan Kent and Jamie Trinidad