PluriCourts studies the legitimacy of multi-level human rights international Courts and Tribunals (ICs) at the regional and international levels. States have started to question the legitimacy of these ICs, for example, the professionalism of the members of those treaty bodies or how they stifle the scope of domestic decision making.
- Judging under constraint: Formal independence and strategic behavor of international courts Feb. 26, 2020 12:15 PM
- Ph.D.-course on the legitimacy of international law and international institutions May 11, 2020 12:00 AM
- Call for Papers: Political Legal Theory of International Courts and Tribunals 2020 Oct. 8, 2019 4:11 PM
- New guest researcher: Reto Walther Feb. 28, 2019 12:00 PM
- Call for papers: The Legitimate Role for Investment Law and Arbitration in Protecting Human Rights Jan. 17, 2019 9:56 AM
Survey article: The legitimacy of international courts
Article by Andreas Føllesdal published in the Journal of Political Philosophy.
- Enforcing Freedom of Religion or Belief in Cases Involving Attacks against Buildings Dedicated to Religion: The Al Mahdi Case at the International Criminal Court
Bringing the Bosses to International Criminal Trials: The Problems with Joint Criminal Enterprise and the "Contorl over the Crime" Approach as a Better Alternative
Article by Juan Pablo Pérez León Acevedo in Pace International Law Review.
- The Intersection of the Law of Treaties and Human Rights Law: State Obligations Upon Signing a Treaty Granting Jurisdiction to an International Tribunal Adjudicating Human Rights Violations
- The Politics of Compliance with International Human Rights Courts (completed)
- MultiRights - The Legitimacy of Multi-Level Human Rights Judiciary (completed)
- Judicial Dialogues on the Rule of Law: Interaction between National Courts and the European Court of Human Rights (completed)
- Instituting a Global Sanctions Regime June 18, 2019 10:53 AM
- Researchers meet the European Court of Human Rights Dec. 17, 2018 2:27 PM
- Oslo Recommendations for Enhancing the Legitimacy of International Courts: international judges take a stand on current challenges facing the international justice system Aug. 1, 2018 12:17 PM