The overarching concern is why and when an international court (IC) merits criticism and deference of various kinds. Some components under the multidimensional concept of legitimacy are: normative justification, social support, legality, compliance, state consent, as well, as constitutional and public law standards.
- New postdoctoral fellows: Johan Vorland Wibye and Matthias Brinkmann Sep. 10, 2020 9:22 AM
- Call for Papers: Political Legal Theory of International Courts and Tribunals 2020 Oct. 8, 2019 4:11 PM
- New postdoctoral fellow: Tommaso Pavone Sep. 11, 2019 3:55 PM
- Researchers meet the European Court of Human Rights Dec. 17, 2018 2:27 PM
- Can Investment Arbitration Fix Itself? Oct. 31, 2018 2:57 PM
- Oslo Recommendations for Enhancing the Legitimacy of International Courts: international judges take a stand on current challenges facing the international justice system Aug. 1, 2018 12:17 PM