About the China Programme
Since 1997, the China Programme has promoted international human rights standards in China through various education and research projects in cooperation with Chinese partner institutions. Our work has had a significant impact on the development of international human rights law education and research in China.
• Human rights training courses and seminars
• Development of human rights teaching materials and books
• Translation of key human rights literature
• Research cooperation
• Visiting scholar programmes
• Support to researchers and students both in China and Norway
Long-term involvement and close collaboration with Chinese academic institutions is the cornerstone of our work in China. We also cooperate closely with the Raoul Wallenberg Institute (RWI) and the Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR) on joint Nordic activities.
Advice and Consultation
The China Programme’s direction and activities are developed through well-informed mutually respectful dialogue with Chinese partners. Chinese advisers and experts also offer input on the implementation of activities and suggest possible future programming initiatives.