Ludovica is writing her PhD on General Principles of Law and Corporate Human Rights Accountability. Through a critical analysis Art. 38 1) (c) of the Statute of the International Court of Justice, she reflects on plausible legal options to hold corporations accountable for breaches of human rights law.
Ludovica is a Doctoral Research Fellow in International Law at the University of Oslo (Faculty of Law, Norwegian Centre for Human Rights) and at the University of Bologna (School of Law).
A fully qualified lawyer (Italy), she holds a Law Degree from the University of Bologna (2013) and a Master in International Relations and Human Rights from the Italian Society for International Organization (2014). She has been a visiting student at the Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, conducting the research for her Master thesis at Columbia University, New York.
After an Internship in international investment law at E&A Law Firm (London, 2011) and at the NGO Pro Natura International (Paris, 2011), Ludovica worked as an intern at the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Human Rights Office). Between 2013 and 2015, she was part of the University of Bologna Consultancy Group to the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
She has been research assistant for the Italian legal team in the Norstar Case (Panama v Italy) (Preliminary Objections) before the International Tribunal on the Law of the Sea and she is currently a member of the Kenyan legal team in the case on the Maritime Delimitation of the Indian Ocean (Somalia v Kenya) before the International Court of Justice.
Ludovica is a member of the European Society of International Law and the Italian Society of International Law.
Public International Law
Human Rights Law
Business and Human Rights
International Investment Law
- Andenæs, Mads & Chiussi, Ludovica (2019). Cohesion, Convergence and Coherence of International Law, In Mads Andenæs; Malgosia Fitzmaurice & Attila Tanzi (ed.), General Principles and the Coherence of International Law. Brill Nijhoff. ISBN 978-90-04-39092-8. Kapittel 1. s 9 - 31
- Chiussi, Ludovica (2019). The Role of International Investment Law in the Business and Human Rights Legal Process. International Community Law Review. ISSN 1871-9740. 21(1)
- Chiussi, Ludovica (2018). Corporate Human Rights Compliance and Disinvestment. Lessons from the Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund, In Angelica Bonfanti (ed.), Business and Human Rights in Europe. International Law Challenges. Routledge. ISBN 9781138484672. 13.
- Chiussi, Ludovica (2018). Remarks on the Ilc Work on the Identification of Customary Law and Human Rights: Curbing "Droit de L'hommisme"?. Italian Yearbook of International Law. ISSN 0391-5107. 27(1)
- Chiussi, Ludovica (2016). The UN 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development: Talking the Talk, Walking the Walk?. La Comunitá Internazionale. ISSN 0010-5066. (1), s 49- 70