Monthly newsletter on activities and news at the Norwegian Centre for Human Rights. Newsletter 5/10-21 was published 13. October 2021.
Illustration photo: Barneombudet
Lucy Smith's Childrens' Rights Day
The conference is held annually, in collaboration with the Ombudsperson for Children (Barneombudet), the Department of Public and International Law, the Norwegian Centre for Human Rights, and the Department of Private Law.
This year's topic is children in conflict with the law, the Convention on the Rights of the Child (OHCHR.org) articles 37 and 40.
The conference will be held on November 23rd, at the University of Oslo. It will be held in Norwegian.
Turning the SDGs and Human Rights into Reality
The Raoul Wallenberg Institute, the Norwegian Center for Human Rights, Åland Islands Peace Institute, and Galaxy Fund recently carried out a project on "SDG and human rights localization.
Student essay writing competition on critical human rights in Southeast Asia
AUN-HRE and SHAPE-SEA organised the 2nd Essay Writing Competition for Undergraduate Students on Critical Human Rights and Peace Issues in ASEAN/ Southeast Asia in 2021. The competition was supported by the NCHR.
- Chinese teachers studying gender and human rights
- Reflections on the intensive human rights course
- NCHR Master students in 13th Nelson Mandela Moot Court Competition
- NCHR Graduation Ceremony
- Lucy Smiths Barnerettighetsdag (barneombudet.no)
- Seminar with Dr. Farah Mihlar: Transitional Justice in Sri Lanka
- Seminar with Prof. Ledi Bianku: Migrants' Rights in Europe
- Creativity in International Dispute Settlement: The Guyana v. Venezuela Case at the ICJ
- Goodpol lecture: Eva Erman, "Distinctively Political Normativity: Problems and Possibilities"