Webinar 2: Human Rights in the New Normal
This second webinar in the two-part webinar series will discuss further building a new normal based on human rights standards and principles.
What should be construed as the new normal? What are acceptable and unacceptable from the perspective of human rights? Photoillustration: Colourbox, New normal covid-19 banner vector illustration.
The webinar will focus on state’s duties and business responsibilities on human rights impacts of the global pandemic and action points for civil society, academics and the government to ensure new normal is built on human rights principles and standards.
To sign up for this webinar send an email to: Alumni NCHR UiO
and you will receive the Zoom link before the webinar.
- Professor Bård Anders Andreassen, Norwegian Centre for Human Rights, University of Oslo
- Professor Stener Ekern, Norwegian Centre for Human Rights, University of Oslo
- Henry Thomas Simarmata, Indonesian Institute for Law and Human Rights
Each speaker speaking between 15 to 20 minutes before discussion guided by the facilitators ensued.
How human rights can be applied in the "new normal"?
This second seminar is addressing the concept of “new normal” and how human rights principles can be applied in this context. The discussions shall be centered on the following topics:
- What should be construed as the new normal? What are acceptable and unacceptable from the perspective of human rights? Is reliance over herd immunity, for example, ethical from the perspective of human rights?
- What are the prevailing challenges as globally countries are seeking ways to reopen its economies? What are the specific challenges for urban and rural contexts?
- Who are the most vulnerable communities in this “new normal” in Indonesia? What are the measures that should be in place in the country to minimize further threat against human rights?
- What can we do as civil society, academics, and government to ensure that democratic and human rights principles and standards become the foundation upon which the new normal is built?
Notes from Human Rights in The New Normal 1
Read summary and notes on Human Rights in The New Normal Webinar 1: Human Rights and Democratic Standards at Risk in The Time of Covid19