Fritt Ord Student Stipend
Do you plan to present a Masters thesis on human rights, the right to free speech, and/or democracy in the Fall semester 2020 or Spring semester of 2021? A maximum of ten student scholarships of NOK 30 000,- are available.
Fritt Ord Student Stipend. The scholarships are financed by Fritt Ord, and it is a condition for this announcement that they approve the grants. Photoillustration: Fritt Ord logo
You are eligible to apply if you are student:
- who will work on a Masters thesis of 30 or more "study points"/ECTS;
- and the thesis is a part of a MA programme of 120 or more "study points"/ECTS, or work on a "juridisk spesialoppgave" or an equivalent project on the topic of human rights, the right to free speech and/or democracy;
- plan to present your thesis in the fall semester 2020 or spring semester 2021.
- and are affiliated with one of these institutions:
- The Norwegian Centre for Human Rights, University of Oslo;
- The Faculties of Law, Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Oslo;
- The Faculty of Law and Department of Comparative Politics, University of Bergen;
- Department of Sociology and Political Science, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
The application must contain these elements, and these only:
- A brief application / letter of interest.
- A dissertation proposal of no more than 1000 words maximum (including bibliography). The project proposal must contain a working title describing the topic of the planned thesis and a clear and specific description of the research question, theory and methods. Does the project proposal include plans that entail extra expenses for the student, such as field work? If so, it must be explained why these plans are necessary for answering the research question and their cost outlined in a budget.
- A bibliography (short reference to relevant research literature).
- A description of any other financial support (scholarships and similar) you may have received for the project.
The application should be sent via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with "application-fritt-ord" in the subject field. Please only attachments in pdf-format.
Scanned copies of relevant certificates and transcripts of records may be attached, if considered relevant. A supervisor’s recommendation may count positively. Original documents must be provided on demand.
Application deadline: November 20th, 2020 - 4 pm.
Questions are answered only via email to email@example.com.
Further on the scholarships
- The scholarships are financed by Fritt Ord, and it is a condition for this announcement that Fritt Ord approve the grants.
- Interviews with applicants may be held.
- Each applicant will receive an answer in writing after the members of the evaluation committee have completed their work.
- Documents submitted with the application will not be returned.
- Our intention is to assess the applications and conclude the process before the end of December 2020.