Detailed regulations for the Faculty of Law
Chapter 1 Postponed start of studies, study leave and extended study progression
Section 1-1 General
- The deadline for applications for postponed start of studies, study leave or extended study progression is 1 February for the spring term and 1 September for the autumn term.
- The Faculty’s form must be used for applications for leave of absence.
Section 1-2 Postponed start of studies
A student who has received an offer of admission to a study programme at the Faculty of Law may apply for postponement of the start of studies for up to two terms on the basis of:
- Military or civilian national service
- Long-term illness
- Other exceptional circumstances
Applications must be supported by documentation.
A granted postponed start of studies means that the student is given the opportunity to start the programme at the next ordinary start of studies.
Section 1-3 Study leave
- Only students who have been registered as a student on a study programme at the Faculty of Law for at least one term may apply for study leave.
- The following applies to all study programmes, with the exception of English-language Master programmes of 1,5 to 2 years' duration; study leave can be granted for up to two terms without any special reason being given. Students who have been granted such study leave may not be given further study leave until 120 study credits have been earned, unless there are special conditions which justify the need for further leave. Such circumstances must be supported by documentation.
- The following applies to English-language Master programmes of 1,5 to 2 years' duration; Study leave may be granted in the event of exceptional circumstances that justify the need for such study leave. Such circumstances must be supported by documentation.
- Students on maternity/paternity leave may choose to register themselves for a term, pay the term fee and take subjects during the period they are on study leave. Such study leave may only be granted if documentation has been submitted of the student's own pregnancy or that of the student’s partner.
Section 1-4 Extended study progression (part-time studies)
Students with special needs may apply for reduced requirements for study progression over and above that which follows from Section 7.1.6 of the Regulations governing studies and examinations at the University of Oslo. Such applications may only be approved in special cases. Applications must be supported by documentation.
Chapter 2 Amendment authority
Section 2-1 Amendment authority
The Dean approves amendments to the Detailed regulations for the Faculty of Law.