Panel: Norwegian and international support to human rights defenders
On the occasion of the Oslo Peace Days, the Norwegian Centre for Human Rights (NCHR) and the Norwegian Human Rights Fund (NHRF) is hosting a panel discussion on the topic of Norwegian and international support to human rights defenders, specifically addressing the question: "Current challenges for human rights defenders: What kind of support can Norway provide?
Photo: The Norwegian Human Rights Fund
- Welcome and introduction by Peris Sean Jones, Professor at Norwegian Centre for Human Rights
- Panel discussion
- Mary Lawlor, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders
- Representative from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (TBC)
- Idil Eser, Turkish human rights defender and former Secretary General of Amnesty International Turkey
- Claire Hubert, Deputy Director at the MR-DEM/MFA
Ingeborg Moa, Executive Director of the NHRF, will be the moderator for this event.