Tømte works on programme activities in Indonesia and Norway related to
- Business and human rights (with a particular forcus on palm oil and transmigration)
- Economic, social and cultural rights
Tømte has previously worked for Peace Brigades International's Indonesia Project, and for the Norwegian Embassy in Jakarta. He started working at NCHR's Indonesia Programme in 2008.
- Tømte, Aksel (2012). Constitutional review of the Indonesian Blasphemy Law. Nordic Journal of Human Rights. ISSN 1891-8131. 30(2), s 174- 204
- Dipa, Arya & Tømte, Aksel (2017, 08. april). Land acknowledgment crucial to prevent human rights violations. Jakarta Post.
- Tømte, Aksel; Eide, Asbjørn; Eide, Wenche Barth & Erdal, Marit (ed.) (2017). Investments and Land Rights : the role of the private sector in ensuring responsible governance of tenure. NCHR Occasional Paper Series. 8/2017.
- Wisborg, Poul & Tømte, Aksel (2017). Not free for the taking: a human rights approach to transnational land aquisitions, In Aksel Tømte; Asbjørn Eide; Wenche Barth Eide & Marit Erdal (ed.), Investments and Land Rights : the role of the private sector in ensuring responsible governance of tenure. Norsk senter for menneskerettigheter, Universitetet i Oslo. Kap. 1. s 8 - 20 Show summary
- Tømte, Aksel & Eide, Wenche Barth (2016). Investments and Land Rights – the role of the private sector in ensuring responsible governance of tenure (speaker, facilitator and editor of NCHR Occasional Paper Series #8 2017 which was based on the conference).
- Tømte, Aksel (2014). Pemaparan Pedoman Prinsip-prinsip PBB tentang bisnis dan HAM.
- Tømte, Aksel (2014). The protection gap in the palm oil sector in Indonesia. Tvergastein. ISSN 1893-5605. 5(2), s 104- 109
- Tømte, Aksel (2013). Ateist i en teistisk stat.