Tømte is currently responsible for NCHR’s International Department’s activity portfolio on business and Human Rights. This includes in particular activities aimed to promote rights based implementation of Indonesia’s Village law, as part of the state duty under pillar one of the UN guided principles on business and human rights.
Tømte is also responsible for NCHR’s annual Intensive Course in Human Rights, and for the cooperation with the Indonesian Legal Aid Foundation, that is aiming at strengthening the capacities of Indonesian lawyers to represent religious minorities in court.
Tømte has worked for NCHR since 2008, previously being responsible for the Indonesia Programme’s project portfolio within the thematic fields of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and Freedom of Religion of Belief. Prior to that he worked for the Norwegian Embassy in Jakarta.
- Tømte, Aksel (2012). Constitutional review of the Indonesian Blasphemy Law. Nordic Journal of Human Rights. ISSN 1891-8131. 30(2), s 174- 204
- Palupi, Sri; Prasetyohadi, Prasetyohadi; Sukapti, Yulia Sri; Maemunah, Siti & Tømte, Aksel (2018). Privatisasi Transmigrasi dan Kemitraan Plasma Menopang Industri Sawit - Risiko Hak Asasi Manusia dalam Kebijakan Transmigrasi dan Kemitraan Plasma di Sektor Perkebunan Sawit. Institute for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. ISBN 978-602-71991-1-8. 414 s. Show summary
- Tømte, Aksel (2018). Minorities, Sumber Daya Alam dan Pilkada (Minorities, Natural Resources and Regional Elections).
- Dipa, Arya & Tømte, Aksel (2017, 08. april). Land acknowledgment crucial to prevent human rights violations. Jakarta Post.
- Tømte, Aksel; Eide, Asbjørn; Eide, Wenche Barth & Erdal, Marit (ed.) (2017). Investments and Land Rights : the role of the private sector in ensuring responsible governance of tenure. NCHR Occasional Paper Series. 8/2017.
- Wisborg, Poul & Tømte, Aksel (2017). Not free for the taking: a human rights approach to transnational land aquisitions, In Aksel Tømte; Asbjørn Eide; Wenche Barth Eide & Marit Erdal (ed.), Investments and Land Rights : the role of the private sector in ensuring responsible governance of tenure. Norsk senter for menneskerettigheter, Universitetet i Oslo. Kap. 1. s 8 - 20 Show summary
- Tømte, Aksel (2014). Pemaparan Pedoman Prinsip-prinsip PBB tentang bisnis dan HAM.
- Tømte, Aksel (2014). The protection gap in the palm oil sector in Indonesia. Tvergastein. ISSN 1893-5605. 5(2), s 104- 109
- Tømte, Aksel (2013). Ateist i en teistisk stat.
- Tømte, Aksel (2009, 10. desember). Urix - om menneskerettighetssituasjonen i Indonesia. [TV]. National TV.