Post-Apartheid Challenges for South Africa:
Dealing with Past and Present Conflicts
A Seminar organised by the Norwegian Council for Africa (Fellesrådet for Afrika), International Reporter and the South Africa Programme at the (NCHR)
- Dumisa Ntsebeza, Former Head of the Investigative Unit of the South African Truth and Reconciliation Commission, and Co-author (with Terry Bell) of ‘Unfinished Business: South Africa, Apartheid and Truth’
- Chris Landsberg, Director, Centre for Policy Studies, Johannesburg
- Amanda Hammar, Independent Researcher; PhD candidate, Roskilde University, Denmark
- Vidar Helgesen, State Secretary, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Liv Tørres, Senior Adviser, Norwegian Research Council
- Sarah Chiumbu, Director, Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) - Zimbabwe
- 22 September 2004 (Wednesday), 10 am – 3 pm
- Håndverkeren Konferansesenter, Rosenkrantzgt. 7, Oslo
The seminar is divided in three parts:
- Part 1 (10:00):
Dumisa Ntsebeza: Unfinished Business: Apartheid and Truth
- Part 2 (11:30):
Chris Landsberg: South Africa : True to its Democratic Ambitions for Zimbabwe?
- Part 3 (13:20):
Panel Discussion : Elections in Zimbabwe 2005: A Turning Point for Zimbabwe?
Participants: Amanda Hammar, Vidar Helgesen, Chris Landsberg
For more information:
- please refer to this website or Internasjonal Reporter
- or contact Camilla Houeland (at) 22 989312 / Camilla at Afrika.no,
- or Sigurd Jorde at 22 989311 / sigurd at afrika.no, replacing "at" with "@"
- please send a message to Afrika at afrika.no not later than 20 September, replacing "at" with "@"