The Norwegian Centre for Human Rights (NCHR) has 30 years of experience promoting human rights through competence building, knowledge enhancement and dialogue. The NCHR International Department promotes human rights internationally through six thematic areas of commitment:
The NCHR, through the Oslo Coalition, promotes freedom of religion and belief, through competence building, dialogue and cooperation.
The thematic areas
These thematic areas of commitment represents a continuation of the international programme work that has been conducted by the NCHR for close to 30 years. Read more about our activities in 2018 (pdf). We aim at integrating a gender sensitive approach across the six thematic areas.
Supporting organisations and partners
The NCHR International Department has an extended network of cooperating partners in Southeast Asia and East Asia, including academic institutions, UN organs and civil society organisations. Activities at the International Department are supported by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Head of the International Department: Zenia Chrysostomidis
- Rule of Law and/or Indonesia: Knut D. Asplund
- Human Rights Education: Yi Wang
- Freedom of Religion or Belief: Lena Larsen
- Business and Human Rights and/or Indonesia: Aksel A. Tømte
- Equality and non-discrimination: Elisabeth Perioli Bjørnstøl
- UN Human Rights Mechanisms: Julie Viker Aanensen
- Méndez Principles/UNPOL Cooperation: Gisle Kvanvig
- UNPOL and UNODC Cooperation: Susanne H. Flølo
Intensive Course in Human Rights and Rule of Law: Victoria Skeie
Freedom of Religion or Belief and Equality and non-discrimination: Jennie Holck-Clausen